On the Sargon Patreon Banning | The Idiotic Mantra of ‘Get A Real Job’

Valin

Sam Harris Says I'm Outta Here, Patreon

Dear Patreon Supporters —

As many of you know, the crowdfunding site Patreon has banned several prominent content creators from its platform. While the company insists that each was in violation of its terms of service, these recent expulsions seem more readily explained by political bias. Although I don’t share the politics of the banned members, I consider it no longer tenable to expose any part of my podcast funding to the whims of Patreon’s “Trust and Safety” committee.

I will be deleting my Patreon account tomorrow. If you want to continue sponsoring my work, I encourage you to open a subscription at samharris.org/subscribe.

As always, I remain deeply grateful for your support.

Wishing you all a very happy New Year….

Sam

WELCOME! Here you'll find such videos related but not limited to: SWORDS, Science fiction, fantasy, philosophy and SWORDS! So really anything related to being a nerd.

Dec. 25 2018

Following news about a user having his account suspended "in secret" a story in the New York Times emerged with statements from Jack Conte and their head of Trust and Safety. The statements seem to be directly antagonistic toward the community, specifically Sword and Scale, Dave Rubin, Me, and Sargon of Akkad.

They imply that Sargon broke the rules on their platform and Conte implies many of us are simply trying to generate support for a cause of some sort.

But all this is only made worse by the original story of a man who had his patreon account suspended without notice. He only found out because patreon had not paid him in about a month

NY Times: Patreon Bars Anti-Feminist for Racist Speech, Inciting Revolt

Dec 27, 2018

Sargon of Akkad was banned from Patreon. Was this due to an overzealous trust and safety team on Patreon, or perhaps there's someone else pulling the strings? It seems like Patreon wants to blame the payment processors Paypal and Stripe for the ban without directly throwing them under the bus and hurting their business partnership.

• 2 weeks later...

I am NOT saying this is what is happening with Patreon..Mastercard/Visa. (When any of these End Times subjects come up my reply is always...Or Not). That said....

"it also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. Revelations 13: 16-17

Just something that came to mind the other day.