Republicans playing defense in August recess

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
345813-republicans-playing-defense-in-august-recess

Republicans are playing defense as they return to their home states with few signature accomplishments to tout.

GOP lawmakers are facing constituents with an agenda that is months behind schedule and growing frustration with a White House many believe has at times undermined key priorities.

Leadership is pushing back against the notion that their members are failing to make good on yearslong campaign pledges. Instead, they want voters to withhold judgment until the end of 2018 — when the 115th Congress wraps up.

In the latest sign of friction between the two ends of Pennsylvania Avenue, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) described the belief that the GOP-controlled Congress hasn’t “done anything” as “extremely irritating.”

McConnell attributed the narrative, in part, to unrealistic expectations set by President Trump.

“Congress goes on for two years, and part of the reason I think that the story line is that we haven’t done much is because in part the president and others have set these early time lines,” McConnell said in Kentucky.

________

I thought it was because you were lazy, but that's just me...