Washington Post Publishes Transcripts of Trump’s Phone Calls

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
washington-post-published-transcripts-of-president-trumps-phone-calls

Washington Post Publishes Transcripts of Trump’s Phone Calls

Instugator / August 4, 2017 / 38 COMMENTS

Yesterday, the Washington Post published transcripts of President Trump’s phone calls with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and a different phone call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. Ricochet Contributor, John Podhoretz tells us we shouldn’t read these transcripts.

But we shouldn’t be reading them. We really shouldn’t. It’s not because they might be embarrassing to Trump, though they are.

That was not my experience. I went and read the transcripts in their entirety and I came away with a greater appreciation of our president. Throughout the phone calls he expressed a willingness to talk while maintaining fidelity to his campaign promises – up to a point. That point would be in the conversation with PM Turnbull where he noted that the deal between the US and Australia went against his campaign promises, yet he felt compelled to hold up our end.

Throughout the transcript, the WaPo includes commentary to the side. This commentary is composed of four types – Helpful, Partisan-Democratic, Truthful, and Non-Existent.  :snip: