Report: Trump planning huge strategy shift, ‘warfare’ with Congress

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
report-trump-planning-huge-strategy-shift-warfare-with-congress

CNBC has reported a source close to House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and former chief of staff Reince Priebus says President Donald Trump is planning to shift his political strategy and could engage in “warfare” against Republican Congress.

According to a post by CNBC’s John Harwood on Twitter, “Ryan-Priebus ally to me: next phase of Trump presidency will be warfare against GOP Congress.”

Ryan-Priebus ally to me: next phase of Trump presidency will be warfare against GOP Congress

“Ryan-Priebus ally tells me Trump is moving toward ‘an independent WH’ untethered from the Republican Party,” Harwood also posted.

Harwood said he believes this shift, if true, could be a bad sign for Republicans hoping to pass significant tax reform.

Harwood wrote on Twitter, “not an auspicious sign for tax reform.”

Trump has not hidden his frustration with congressional Republicans in recent weeks. On July 23, he said it was “sad” Republicans “do very little” to protect him.

“It’s very sad that Republicans, even some that were carried over the line on my back, do very little to protect their President,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

It's very sad that Republicans, even some that were carried over the line on my back, do very little to protect their President.

On Saturday, Trump said Republicans “look like fools” for not changing Senate rules that would make it easier for them to pass legislation without Democrats’ support.

________

A ship of fools...