Minnesota Schools Adopt Transgender Toolkit for Kindergartners

Geee

minnesota-schools-adopt-transgender-toolkit-kindergartners

A "transgender toolkit" for public schools in Minnesota advises teachers to call children "scholars" instead of boys and girls.
The guidelines were approved Wednesday by the "School Safety Technical Assistance Council" and will be distributed to Kindergarten through 12th grade public schools and charter schools throughout the state. The toolkit attempts to "ensure a safe and supportive transition" for children becoming a different gender at school.
The toolkit allows for boys who identify as girls to use the girls' bathroom, and tells teachers to ask kids what their "preferred pronouns" are.:snip:

Good grief!  This is where home schooling would come in for me if i had young children and lived in MN.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nickydog said:

Good grief!  This is where home schooling would come in for me if i had young children and lived in MN.

Well, they make that a little bit easier in some states. They advertise on-line grammar school here all the time (no cost). My son was going to do that with  Blob a few years back but it is not available in Illinois (figures).

5 hours ago, nickydog said:

And in MN you pay a lot of tax dollars.

I'm just glad its going to such a worth while cause.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Christie Signs Bill Requiring NJ Schools Use Preferred Pronouns for Transgender Kids

The bill New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie signed also says the state's schools cannot force “a transgender student to use a restroom or locker room that conflicts with the student’s gender identity, and [must provide] reasonable alternative arrangements if needed to ensure a student’s safety and comfort.”

Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie signed a bill requiring New Jersey schools use the preferred pronouns of transgender students, according to a Saturday report.
The legislation (S3067/A4652) compels New Jersey to mandate that state schools call transgender students by their preferred pronouns and prohibits them from making transgender students use bathrooms opposing their gender identity, according to NJ.com.

“This is a huge victory for equality in New Jersey, and we want to send a big thank you to Gov. Christie for standing on the right side of history on this one,” Garden State Equality, a civil rights organization, said Friday in a statement.
Americans need an alternative to the mainstream media. But this can't be done alone. Find out more >>
Transgender students will be “addressed at school by the name and pronoun preferred by the student that corresponds to the student’s gender identity, regardless of whether a legal name change or change in official school records has occurred,” says the law.:snip:

Draggingtree

The Othering of Cis-Normative Unpersons

Posted on August 2, 2017 by The Political Hat

Once upon a time, boys’ restrooms/lockerrooms/showers/&c. were for actual biological boys and girls’ restrooms/lockerrooms/showers/&c. were for actual biological girls because society recognized that such distinctions existed and boys and girls might want privacy from each other in a potentially vulnerable environment.

But those icky times are no longer here, as boys can use girls’ spaces and visa versa. No longer will these “trans-gendered kids” be “othered” or made “unpersons” because they set themselves up as being different. So, no more “othering” because that “othering” and making those “others” “unpersons” is bad, right?

Wrong.

Girls who are afraid of being vulnerable and even naked in front of boys are now to be “othered” and treated, via school policy, as “unpersons”:

“Newly-approved guidelines in Minnesota direct K-12 public school officials to ‘segregate’ students uncomfortable with using transgender bathrooms and locker rooms, all in the name of inclusivity, of course.    :snip:   http://politicalhat.com/2017/08/02/the-othering-of-cis-normative-unpersons/