After last night — no more Mr. Nice Guy?

Valin

after-last-night-no-more-mr-nice-guy.php

Paul Mirengoff

June 21 2017

After last night, lefty Democrats are complaining that Jon Ossoff didn’t run a sufficiently belligerent, sufficiently Trump-hating campaign. The Washington Post’s Paul Kane captures the sentiment in an article called (in the paper edition): “Ossoff chose civil resistance and lost. Do the Democrats need more warriors?”

This reaction reminds me of the story of the psychologist who theorized that new born babies have the innate ability to swim. When he threw his into the water at six-weeks old, she promptly sank and had to be rescued. The psychologist’s conclusion? The baby was too old.

Running an uncivil resister/warrior in a Republican district with an unusually high percentage of college educated voters seems like a losing proposition. Maybe that’s just me, but surely Jon Ossoff had enough money to test the proposition with infinite focus groups.

Not long ago, the Democrats ran a populist in a special congressional election. Rob Quist, a folksy country music singer, was the anti-Ossoff. He brought in Bernie Sanders for five campaign rallies, during which he pushed for affordable health care and railed against “tax cuts for millionaires” and “dark money” in politics.

Quist lost to a bumbling candidate who body slammed a reporter.

(Snip)

Above all, they need patience. Wishful thinking and media hype notwithstanding, the electorate in Republican districts isn’t looking to overturn or thwart the result of an election held six months ago. A year and half from now, it might be.

"Do the Democrats need more warriors?”

I think the DEMs need to partner with Mattel for a candidate with a higher "T" level than Pajama boy.  

Maybe someone patterned after Mattel's release of their updated Ken dolls for 2017.  

They seem to be on the same wavelength.

updated-ken-dolls-2017.jpg.a3c9dd5ca344fae30f4bffcccdb01ae2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clearvision said:

@NCTexan @Geee !  Mattel just added their new Barbie line up (pix below) shortly after the new Ken dolls B)....

updated-ken-dolls-2017.jpg

Yes... Who am I to tell you you who you are...?

DC   just approved not having to ID "M" or "F" on the drivers license...   You can choose something else.

• Like 1

The Ken dolls are very ambiguous.... sex, race, whatever....   Not putting anyone into a "box" of someone else's choosing.   

All except the pasty white guy on the right who does have an entitled look about him.

2 minutes ago, NCTexan said:

The Ken dolls are very ambiguous.... sex, race, whatever....   Not putting anyone into a "box" of someone else's choosing.   

All except the pasty white guy on the right who does have an entitled look about him.

I sure hope one of the new Barbies is in a Burka.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geee said:

@NCTexan @clearvision - I sorry but I am offended that the dolls are M & F - Maybe they want to choose their own gender or switch genders back and forth or ------------------

I'm offended that you limited the choices to just Homo Sapiens! 

hqdefault.jpg

What about those that Idenitfy as a Barking Duck?

• Like 3