James O’Keefe Punks Hollywood Greens

Valin

james-okeefe-punks-hollywood-greens.phpPower Line:

John Hinderaker

May 21, 2014

There are advantages to being a video guy rather than an ink-stained wretch. James O’Keefe is currently in Cannes, where he is premiering his latest video prank. O’Keefe’s targets are Josh and Rebecca Tickell, producers of environmental documentaries including “Fuel.” Ed Begley Jr. and (former?) actress Mariel Hemingway appear, but are mostly along for the ride. And there isn’t actually much video; it’s mostly recorded conversations.

(Snip)

Unedited

Ed Begley Jr. and Mariel Hemingway tricked into appearing in an anti-green energy video

(Snip)

In the footage, Muhammad explains that the only reason he is interested in funding an anti-fracking movie is that if fracking continues, America will be energy-efficient and then they wont need our oil anymore. The Tickells, Begley Jr. and Hemingway all appear to support the ideaor, at least, they dont voice their dissentwith Hemingway seeking assurances that the conversation is only at this table, and Begley Jr. saying Washington and Hollywood are a lot alike.

After a clip from OKeefes film was released to The Hollywood Reporter, all involved released statements explaining their involvement with Muhammad. Begley Jr. says, I basically sat there and didnt say much. Josh [Tickell] said to just nod and agree, so I guess I did that. He also added that hes hard of hearing, so cut him some slack already. Hemingways manager calls OKeefe a coward before adding, Hes going to have some legal issues on this one. (She does have a point: Recording a private conversation without the consent of both parties is illegal in California.)

(Snip)

The roaches are not happy with the light being turned on.

• 3 weeks later...