Obama's July 4th Words

righteousmomma

righteousmomma
article.php?id=D9GOIOPO0&show_article=1
breitbart:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Calling the Declaration of Independence more than words on an aging parchment, President Barack Obama marked the Fourth of July on Sunday by urging Americans to live the principles that founded the nation as well as celebrate them.

"This is the day when we celebrate the very essence of America and the spirit that has defined us as a people and as a nation for more than two centuries," Obama told guests at a South Lawn barbecue honoring service members and their families.

"We celebrate the principles that are timeless, tenets first declared by men of property and wealth but which gave rise to what Lincoln called a new birth of freedom in America—civil rights and voting rights, workers' rights and women's rights, and the rights of every American," he said. "And on this day that is uniquely American we are reminded that our Declaration, our example, made us a beacon to the world."

Obama noted that people across the country were firing up their barbecues and enjoying the company of family and friends.

"Now, of course I'll admit that the backyard's a little bigger here, but it's the same spirit," Obama said to laughter. "Michelle and I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate America's birthday than with America's extraordinary men and women in uniform and their families."

With first lady Michelle Obama at his side, Obama spoke from a White House balcony overlooking the South Lawn. The estimated 1,200 guests included active-duty members of the military and their families, wounded troops, people with family members overseas, and families of troops who have died.

"Today we also celebrate all of you, the men and women of our armed forces, who defend this country we love," he told the enthusiastic group.

Sections of the crowd screamed and cheered in turn as Obama individually thanked each service branch, naming an exemplary member of each who stood on the balcony with the president and first lady.

Obama, who wore a blue short-sleeve shirt, and his wife spent about 15 minutes shaking hands and exchanging greetings with eager members of the crowd, who pressed in to shake hands and take photos. Many of the children on hand had red, white and blue face paint and sparkly American flags decorating their skin.

Guests ate traditional July Fourth fare—hot dogs, hamburgers and grilled chicken with potato salad and corn on the cob. Plenty of red, white and blue decorated the South Lawn, from colorful tablecloths to paper lanterns hanging from trees.

Singer Brandi Carlile, rock band The Killers, comedian Cedric the Entertainer and the U.S. Marine Band performed for the gathering.

------------------------------------__

Think about his words!!!_

"This is the day when we celebrate the very essence of America and the spirit that has defined us as a people and as a nation for more than two centuries," Obama told guests at a South Lawn barbecue honoring service members and their families.

"We celebrate the principles that are timeless, tenets first declared by men of property and wealth but which gave rise to what Lincoln called a new birth of freedom in America—civil rights and voting rights, workers' rights and women's rights, and the rights of every American," he said. "And on this day that is uniquely American we are reminded that our Declaration, our example, made us a beacon to the world."

I want to believe he means them, but I wonder if he has thought through want they really imply.

Of course he had to make the point that the tenets were "first declared by men of property and wealth." :angry:

righteousmomma

Yep, perfect statement of "liberation theology" and humanism. Nothing to do with Freedom and Liberty and Law --and God.

I had just seen a utube of Jay Leno interviewing mostly middle aged Americans about July the 4th. Totally amazing how most were clueless about Independence Day or even who we were seeking independence from etc. Astonishingly pathetic. Such ignorance though parallels most peoples understanding of God and the Bible.

Since July 4th was a Sunday this year our lead minister departed from his usual format and talked about "Our Founding Document". (The Bible)

He used some quotes that were new to me and many that I have taken for granted -Patrick Henry, John Adams, John Locke, James Madison, Rutherford, Montesquieu and others.

Excellent sermon. (Yes, he did stress that one of the great liberties we have is "freedom of religion")

Patrick Henry:

"The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed."

"I have now disposed of all my property to my family. There is one thing more I wish I could give them, and that is the Christian religion."

"This is all the inheritance I give to my dear family. The religion of Christ will give them one which will make them rich indeed. "

and John Locke:

"The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed by God on the children of men. It has God for its author; salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture for its matter. It is all pure".

"The end of law is not to abolish or restrain, but to preserve and enlarge freedom. For in all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom."

Our pastor laid out 4 main principles used in formulating and establishing our Nation. Principles obtained straight from the Bible.

Btw, did you know that soon after the Constitution was formulated:

"The war with Britain cut off the supply of Bibles to the United States with the result that on Sept. 11, 1777, Congress instructed its Committee of Commerce to import 20,000 Bibles from "Scotland, Holland or elsewhere."

This was mentioned so i googled more info:

"On January 21, 1781, Philadelphia printer Robert Aitken (1734-1802) petitioned Congress to officially sanction a publication of the Old and New Testament which he was preparing at his own expense. Congress "highly approve the pious and laudable undertaking of Mr. Aitken, as subservient to the interest of religion . . . in this country, and . . . they recommend this edition of the bible to the inhabitants of the United States."

Did you know the rallying cry was "No king but Jesus".

Finally this statement from the Jewish prophet Isaiah:

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us."

Workers rights!

Slipped that one in quite nicely Comrade Obama. The party will be proud.

Kolkhoznitsa.jpg

Interestingly, in his mind he's thinking "union thugs" and those "working families" who haven't worked in generations.

First, he expounds on the vitues that make America the great divinely inspired institution that it is.

Calling the Declaration of Independence more than words on an aging parchment, President Barack Obama marked the Fourth of July on Sunday by urging Americans to live the principles that founded the nation as well as celebrate them.

Then, he makes his case for "Fundamental Change":

Lincoln called a new birth of freedom in America—civil rights and voting rights, workers' rights and women's rights, and the rights of every American," he said

He inserted the right words to make this sound like the proper patriotic speech, but sent the message that he is not done pushing his agenda.

Of course he had to make the point that the tenets were "first declared by men of property and wealth." :angry:

Well they were....and that's a good thing. IMO one of the reasons our revolution worked (as opposed to France, Russia, Germany, Mexico the "non aligned movement"...etc.) was it didn't set out to change people, just give them an opportunity to get rich themselves.

He inserted the right words to make this sound like the proper patriotic speech, but sent the message that he is not done pushing his agenda.

Argyle!

You nailed it. Another example of The One hiding his true identity and intentions.

wolf-in-sheeps-clothing1.jpg

Workers rights!

Slipped that one in quite nicely Comrade Obama. The party will be proud.

Kolkhoznitsa.jpg

Interestingly, in his mind he's thinking "union thugs" and those "working families" who haven't worked in generations.

2796770445_7092d113fc_o.jpg

yep they help get the asswipe in office

Communists Sue Democratic Party For Stealing Platform

In a surprise move, the CPUSA (Communist Party USA) has announced a lawsuit against the Democratic Party and its leadership for the alleged theft of intellectual property. The plaintiffs claim that the entire so-called "new" Democratic agenda is, in fact, the product of a decades-long, painstaking campaign by CPUSA theorists, agitators, and underground subversive cells - which makes it the intellectual property of the Communist Party USA, protected by American copyright laws.

"They stole our entire platform, rebranded it 'progressive', and claimed it as their own," declared a CPUSA spokesperson at a press conference in San Francisco. "And we communists say, not so fast! Not in this country anyway, where we still have property rights and the rule of law, thank God! Actually, let me rephrase that..."

The Communist Party representative explained that government ownership of the auto and financial industries, redistribution of wealth, and free rationed healthcare have always been among the glorious CPUSA objectives: "We held on to these goals through all the difficult years of factional infighting, purges, denunciations, and heroic espionage on behalf of the Soviet intelligence services.

"This may seem like a foreign idea to you, but we sacrificed everything for it - our friends, our neighbors, and our nation. We suffered from all kinds of ulcers and split personality disorders by blindly following Stalin's directives. We risked our chances of promotion within US government agencies by dutifully advancing Soviet foreign policy. And for what? So that some spoiled Democrats could ride on our backs to power while throwing us crumbs in the form of minor cabinet appointments?

"It's just like taking someone else's hard-earned income and redistributing it! ... Never mind, bad example... It's like infiltrating a respectable organization and taking over its management while engaging in subversive propaganda and the rewriting of history... Whoops, bad example again... It's like being devoid of moral standards and rejecting all the norms and values of Judeo-Christian civilization... No, that was totally inappropriate. Scratch that...

"It's time we got our fair share of credit from the current administration. As a gesture of good will, we would be pleased to accept the credit in the form of stimulus checks, subsidies, and loan guarantees for our members. If not now, when?"

CPUSA lawyers presented documents to the press showing that the Democratic platform of 2010, almost-line-for-line, reiterates the CPUSA platform of 1963. As the lead attorney for the plaintiffs pointed out, even a casual reading shows that while the rhetoric occasionally varies, the underlying policies are nearly identical.

"If the public knew that all the Democrat ideas are ours, we'd have more high-paying jobs in the Obama administration," remarked the CPUSA spokesperson. "While all our members can't be czars, we should at least get royalties. We can't survive on government handouts alone, not yet anyway."

This announcement seems to overturn past communist policy favoring the liquidation of czars and royalty.

The Democratic National Committee has declined to issue an official comment on the lawsuit, but a high-ranking White House official stated privately that this development is the result of an historically inevitable "convergence of opposites" - a philosophical concept outlined by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels - whereby the American public catches up with the glorious promise of communism, while the CPUSA becomes so American that it becomes embroiled in litigation. "Don't quote me on this," he added, "but Barack and I believe we can easily reconcile whatever minor differences we have with the CPUSA, and work together to prepare Americans for the final march, in well-organized and neat columns, towards our radiant progressive future."

Communists_Obama_Poster_3.gif

marx_Obama_Change_lemmings_220.gif

NCJim!

I think that they'll win the lawsuit mentioned in the article. "It's a obvious as the ears on his head."

righteousmomma

RUSH: Here's Obama on Sunday in Washington, White House South Lawn.

OBAMA: We celebrate the principles that are timeless, tenets first declared by men of property and wealth but which gave rise to what Lincoln called a new birth of freedom in America, civil rights and voting rights, workers' rights and women's rights and the rights of every American.

RUSH: That's Independence Day to Obama. That's what independence means, let's run down the Founders -- men of wealth and property who gave way and gave rise to. I have never in my life listened to a president be so abstract and insincere and a total lack of passion about this nation's creation, its founding, liberty, freedom, and independence, to try to convert what happened, make it a bad thing -- "men of property, men of wealth, but it wasn't until Lincoln came..." -- who was, by the way, a Republican. It wasn't 'til Lincoln came along we got concerned about voters' rights, workers' rights, women's rights. So when you hear people say, including me, Obama's agenda is to return the nation's wealth, quote, unquote, to its, quote, rightful, unquote, owners, you will know what I mean.

shoutValin!

"We celebrate the principles that are timeless, tenets first declared by men of property and wealth but which gave rise to what Lincoln called a new birth of freedom in America—civil rights and voting rights, workers' rights and women's rights, and the rights of every American," Obama said.

Let me fix that.

"We celebrate the principles that are timeless, tenets first declared by men of property and wealth - you know,those old white guys who always been sticking it to us folks, but which gave rise to what Lincoln called a new birth of freedom in America—civil rights and voting rights, workers' rights and women's rights, and the rights of every American person of color," Obama said.

Pepper...

Thanks for the great translation. 100% accurate. It turns pure BS into English!

Where can I get one for my TV?

I just searched Amazon for the Pepperoni Obama-lator and couldn't find one. Maybe you are restricting distribution rights to corner the market for yourself?

righteousmomma

You fixed it real good, shoutpepper. ;)

Along with this "attitude" of our dear leader's world view and connecting with another issue --the speech made by Clinton about Byrd's reasons for the Klan membership "to get elected" and the blatant civil rights violations by the Black Panthers being ignored and Rev. Wright's last screed at the University in Illinois against whitey etc etc and immigration issues you are gonna be busy translating for us.

shoutrighteousmomma

Think about the "Yes, we can" slogan, also an easily decoded message.

Elect me and I will TAKE from the wealthy elite and mostly white folks who CAN DO and DID DO WELL and HAND IT OUT to you, who WILL NOT.

A black version would have been just two words: "get w*****"

It had a brown version: "Si, si puede."

A white liberal version: "Soothe your racist guilt."

And a variant: "Eh, bubeleh, you gonna vote for me or that yenta?"

## Note: I am not talking about those who CANNOT do for themselves. There is a place big enough in our nation and in our hearts to help those who either need a temporary hand or permanent assistance.

Re. your ##Note, shoutPepper. Of course! That goes without saying. It's sad that we feel it needs to be said.

shoutNickydog. It is pathetic, that we have to put disclaimers and notes. We could be considered a hate site or worse, Tea Party supporters - gasp.

Pepper! Nickydog!

Maybe we can get a BBCode function called [conservative disclaimer] that will insert the following at the end of our posts.

I am not racist. I do not hate my (whichever that may be) opposite sex. I do not hate people of differing sexual preferences. I do not hate religions other than my own. I support helping the helpless. I do not hate people from other countries. I like children. I like old folks. I do not want to see animals hurt unnecessarily. I do not like pollution. I apologize for anything that I may have overlooked.

I think that is an excellent idea, shoutNCTexan

I am not racist.

I do not hate my (whichever that may be) opposite sex.

I do not hate people of differing sexual preferences.

I do not hate religions other than my own.

I support helping the helpless.

I do not hate people from other countries.

I do not hate fat people.

I do not hate thin people.

I like children.

I like old folks.

I do not hate fat people from other countries.

I do not hate thin people from other countries.

I like children from other countries.

I like old folks from other countries.

I do not want to see animals hurt unnecessarily.

I do not like pollution.

I like vegetarians.

I like omnivores.

I like Visigoths.

I like Ostrogoths.

I like American Goths.

I like Native Americans.

I like fat Native Americans.

I like thin Native Americans.

I like vegetarians from other countries.

I like omnivores other countries.

I like thin vegetarians from other countries.

I like thin omnivores other countries.

I like fat vegetarians from other countries.

I like fat omnivores other countries.

I like immigrants.

I like fat immigrants.

I like thin immigrants.

I like Hispanic immigrants.

I like Spanish immigrants.

I like Mexican immigrants.

I like Brazilian immigrants.

I like Costa Rican immigrants.

I like any - fill in the blank - immigrants, as long as they have waited their turn and entered legally.

I apologize for anything that I may have overlooked.

I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended.

Pepper! Nickydog!

Maybe we can get a BBCode function called [conservative disclaimer] that will insert the following at the end of our posts.

I am not racist. I do not hate my (whichever that may be) opposite sex. I do not hate people of differing sexual preferences. I do not hate religions other than my own. I support helping the helpless. I do not hate people from other countries. I like children. I like old folks. I do not want to see animals hurt unnecessarily. I do not like pollution. I apologize for anything that I may have overlooked.

pollyannaish

Very good.

Unfortunately, there is a five word phrase that we can't disavow that makes this disclaimer completely useless:

"Even though I don't hate them in any way, I still think liberals are severely misguided to the point of being dangerous."

Begin again at step one.

I like Brazilian immigrants.

Pepper!

The truth sneaks out! You do not like fat old Brazilian immigrants.

That is hateful, and I'm sure that we will have a law against that shortly.

Calling DOJ... Please pick up the red phone.