I Know You're Busy Fighting a War Gen Patraeus, But What are you Doing to Green' Our Bases in Afghanistan?

Geee

i-know-youre-busy-fighting-a-war-general-petraeus-but-what-are-you-doing-to-green-our-bases-in-afghanistan-96796004.html
Washington Examiner:

I know you’re busy fighting a war, General Petraeus, but what are you doing to ‘green’ our bases in Afghanistan?
By: DAVID FREDDOSO
Online Opinion Editor
06/21/10 10:10 AM EDT
I must have slept through this line of committee questioning, from Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., last week:

Gen. David Petraeus did his best with an answer about insulating tents and temporary buildings. And yes, they even use some solar power. (h/t RedState.)

pollyannaish

Was this when the General passed out?

Yes. It was the result of the water conservation efforts he'd put into place. :lol:

Army, Marines Want Green Ammo … But Not Exactly

October 2008

By presidential executive order, the Defense Department is now required to buy “green” ammunition for use at training ranges. The environment-friendly rounds don’t leach toxins and are far less costly to clean up than conventional ammunition.

The Army and Marine Corps both are buying green ammunition. But they have pursued vastly different acquisition paths — proving how tough it can be for the services to buy common equipment.snip

Army.jpg

If your shooting with the third one in line... better hope that the enemy is shooting back with same.