Sasha Stone: The Beginning of the End of Woketopia - When Hollywood decides it's running the country it's all over but the shouting.

Geee

Substack

It began with the nation’s first Black President, but it would become much bigger. It would become a movement that captured every major institution in this country, including public schools, universities, corporations, and nearly all of culture. This could not last only two terms. No, this had to last forever.

When Donald Trump won in 2016, the power concentrated in the Obama coalition refused to step aside. Trump was the problem. His supporters were the problem. They didn’t like this new utopia that had become America and wanted change. But that change would never be allowed to take place.

The coup began even before Trump took office. A group of powerful elites decided it was their choice who could and could not represent the people. If one of them offended the ruling oligarchy, he was seen as a “racist” and had to be stopped by any means necessary.

They used every lever of power to stop him, to remove him, and to destroy him. They did this with the full cooperation of the nation’s press corps. They did it in full view of the Security State. And they did it with the enthusiastic support of their voters.

Get him. Destroy him. Remove him.

I was one of them. I wrote endless pieces about why Hillary Clinton had to win because history had to be made. I spent years pushing woke ideology into the film industry. It made me feel important. I was part of a movement, something bigger than myself. I had the admiration of my friends and pats on the back by powerful people. Why would I ever give that up?

I believed Donald Trump was a racist because the Democrats told me so. I believed he was a Russian spy because I watched Rachel Maddow. I believed he was a danger to our country because I read the New York Times, and I believed that the only thing that mattered in our lives was that those of us who were among the white majority did everything we could to elevate the oppressed minorities.:snip:

@Geee

There were and Are lot of people like Sasha. If I only got my news from ABC/CBS/NBC/My local newspaper, I'd think Donald Trump was a really bad dangerous man. Thing is there are still a lot of people out there like that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jul 25, 2024

Megyn Kelly is joined by actor and producer James Woods to discuss how Hollywood silences conservatives today, his personal experience with "Oppenheimer," how he isn’t afraid to speak his mind and the second act he's having now, and more.