Minnesota Republicans prepare for Trump ending the state’s blue winning streak

Geee

Washington Examiner

Minnesota Republicans say chaos within the Democratic Party over the fate of President Joe Biden is pushing the historically blue state closer to the GOP in time for the Republican National Convention.

In the weeks following Biden’s poor debate performance, several swing-state seats and battleground states have leaned more in favor of Republicans and former President Donald Trump, who is seeking a rematch of the 2020 election. Sabato’s Crystal Ball found on July 3 that Minnesota and Michigan Electoral College ratings shifted, the second time in less than a month that the outlet downgraded Democrats.

In Minnesota, the race has shifted from likely Democratic to lean Democratic. The Gopher State has been won by Democrats for over 50 years, with Democrats regarding it low on their list of priorities when it comes to campaigning. However, this year, with Democrats in disarray and Republicans finally united behind Trump, Minnesota is more in play than it has been in years.

Aaron Farris, RNC delegate for Minnesota and GOP chairman of the state’s 1st Congressional District, told the Washington Examiner that a large portion of the shift can be attributed to the Democrats telling “big lies” about Biden’s mental state.

“This isn’t an issue that just popped up on the debate night in the last week of June,” Farris said regarding Biden. “This has been a problem for months and years. The Democrats have told Americans for, like I said, years, ‘Don’t believe your lying eyes. Don’t believe what your eyes are showing you. Everything’s fine. There’s no fire.’ And clearly, we know that has not been the case.:snip:

@Geee

Before I got my hopes up

ET0NzcuWAAAwJ6_?format=png%26name=small&

Red Or Blue? Guess the places where All The People (Voters) Live.

10 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

Before I got my hopes up

ET0NzcuWAAAwJ6_?format=png%26name=small&

Red Or Blue? Guess the places where All The People (Voters) Live.

Well, it HAS happened. Not a frequent occurrence, but there's always hope ;)

• Like 2