Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana - Need I Say More

Geee

35 minutes ago, SDwaters said:

Why on Earth does the FDIC own a hotel????

What does that have to do with deposit insurance? 

THAT is what is known as a Very Good Question.

USA Today newspapers quietly delete GOP senator's op-ed on trans athletes without telling him

'Sen. John Kennedy’s submitted opinion column did not meet our ethical guidelines,' Gannett opinion editor says
Joseph A. Wulfsohn Fox News
May 24, 2024

EXCLUSIVE - Several Louisiana newspapers that are part of Gannett-owned USA Today's network quietly deleted a published op-ed on transgender athletes from Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., without notifying him.

Communications reviewed by Fox News Digital showed the Republican was told his op-ed criticizing biological men playing women's sports contained "inflammatory" speech that didn't meet company standards.

Gannett Opinion Editor and Vice President of Standards and Ethics Michael McCarter stood by the decision to remove Kennedy’s piece.

(Snip)

There is a line from The Big Chill (I closely paraphrase) "The Average USA Today Article is written to be is no longer than the average Dump."

I  heard that and stopped talking them seriously.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Geee said:

The Democrats have to win one way or the other. Because A Lot of people want Answers, and they want Consequences, for the last 3 years.

As I said the other day, I don't think The Democrats understand just how Pissed Off people are.

Jun 5, 2024

Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., picks apart President Biden’s border security announcement on ‘The Ingraham Angle.’

If we just had a couple more Senators like this, we might just have a country.

58 minutes ago, Geee said:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

THIS only happens in Movies, and is choreographed

• 2 weeks later...

John Kennedy Says Justice Department ‘Got It Good And Hard’ In SCOTUS Immunity Decision

Republican Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana said Monday the Biden administration sought a quick Supreme Court ruling on presidential immunity and “got it good and hard.”

The Supreme Court ruled in former President Donald Trump’s immunity appeal that presidents have immunity from prosecution for “official acts” taken in office. Kennedy called the 6-3 decision authored by Chief Justice John Roberts “predictable.”

“I would make three points: Number one, remember it was the Justice Department that overreached and asked for this opinion and the Justice Department got it, they got it good and hard,” Kennedy told Fox News host Martha MacCallum. “Number two, you didn’t have to be Oliver Wendell Scalia to see this opinion coming. It was predictable because it’s the law. The Constitution and common sense demonstrate that the Justice Department can’t prosecute a president, not criminally, for an official act. It can for a personal act.”

John Kennedy Says Justice Department 'Got It Good And Hard' In SCOTUS Immunity Decision

“Now, if the Justice Department wants to prosecute a president for his behavior, the Justice Department has the burden of proving that it’s a personal act and the Supreme Court said we’re not going to do your work for you,” Kennedy continued.

Kennedy then turned attention to allegations regarding Biden’s mental condition. The president froze and made multiple verbal gaffes during Thursday’s debate against Trump.

“The third point I would make, Martha, remember, the Supreme Court sees what we see,” Kennedy said. “President Biden is losing this election. President Biden has neurodegenerative disease. He practically invents a new language every time he speaks. His family has serious legal problems. His staff, which is running the country, is more concerned about gas stoves and whether a man can breast-feed than it is about inflation or crime or the border or national security, and that’s why the president’s losing.”

:snip:

• Like 3