Tucker Carlson

Geee

Defending Tucker Carlson
With John McWhorter
Glenn Loury
May 9, 2023

Tucker Carlson was recently fired by Fox News, and shortly thereafter, a remark he made in a text to a producer went public. Commenting on a crowd of white men beating an Antifa activist during the January 6 riots, Carlson wrote, “This is not how white people fight.” My friend John McWhorter wants to know what I think about it.

(Snip)

May 9 2023

Glenn Loury and John McWhorter discuss Tucker Carlson's controversial text message, wherein he implies that white men don't engage in a certain type of violence, and debate whether this statement makes him racist or if it's a reflection of observable trends in society.

From The Comments ******

May 8 2023

The War Goes On.

May 9 2023

May 9, 2023

Megyn Kelly is joined by Stu Burguiere, host of “Stu Does America," and Dave Marcus, author and journalist, to discuss Media Matters’ new leaked video of Tucker Carlson lamenting about a left-leaning Fox News employee and "pronouns," whether Fox is behind these video leaks, Fox News' massive ratings drop in primetime, and more.

Fox News Goes the Way of the Landline

The same network that called Tucker Carlson a “Right-wing extremist” has decided to put Donald Trump back on prime time. As their hypocrisy comes full circle, a pathetic #boycottcnn hashtag bloomed on Twitter. As if.

CNN’s ratings were in near-total collapse when Trump threw them a lifeline. By contrast, the Murdochs dumped their best ratings-getter for speaking too many uncomfortable truths.

To many on the Left, reality and truth are negotiable. They can fool themselves into believing Carlson was dumped for being a “racist” and “inciting violence.” But Fox News clearly had no idea what they had with Tucker Carlson and now they’ve taken one step closer to their own demise.

The thing about evolution - there are only two options: adapt or die. Tucker Carlson is choosing adaption, taking his chances with the free market and the energy driven by those who can readily access his videos instead of making sure they are in the right place at the right time, or finding it later on Youtube.

No, this is not an era of waiting. It’s not an era of organizing your life around scheduled programming. This is an era of on-demand media. No members of Generation-Z or any that come up after them will have any clue there was once such a thing as cable news.

They will never understand tribal warfare going to battle on the cable news networks. They will never understand the muscular champion dropping their most popular host and taking such a major hit, and why that was such a big deal. They will think it all sounds so preposterous, so silly.:snip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Fox News Goes the Way of the Landline

The same network that called Tucker Carlson a “Right-wing extremist” has decided to put Donald Trump back on prime time. As their hypocrisy comes full circle, a pathetic #boycottcnn hashtag bloomed on Twitter. As if.

(Snip)

I wasn’t a Fox News watcher. Like everyone else on the Left, I was comfortable mocking them, sneering at them, loving every minute of HBO’s Succession. Once I began to see, though, that so much of what I thought was true about the other half of America wasn’t true at all, I was motivated to investigate Tucker Carlson. Who was he? Was he as bad as they said he was? Was he a racist?

A Comment by some skinny old wise ass

"Who IS this Moron? He exemplifies EVERYTHING wrong with Corporate Media. He listens, but doesn't hear. I Really don't believe you can have an honest conversation with someone like him."

________________________________________________________________________________

Someone  Really Need A Good Kick In The Ass.

"Culturally, Politically seeing less & less room for live and let live...lose today, there another battle tomorrow. The tribes are sorting themselves out. The Tribes are not Left/Right, Rich/Poor/Republican/Democrat, Minority/Majority, Religious/Non-Religous. Not sure how to describe Our Side from Their Side, but of this I am sure there are US & THEM. I am fairly sure who is an US and who is a THEM. The way I have been looking at politics/culture may not be valid anymore, or are becoming Less Valid.

One mans thoughts, freely give and worth Almost that much."

Lets just say the political/social landscape is/has changed. What I mean is (Gay Married Agnostic) Dave Rubin goes to (Jerry Falwell's) Liberty University and gets a Standing Ovation!

Gee Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

20 minutes ago, Valin said:

A Comment by some skinny old wise ass

"Who IS this Moron? He exemplifies EVERYTHING wrong with Corporate Media. He listens, but doesn't hear. I Really don't believe you can have an honest conversation with someone like him."

________________________________________________________________________________

Someone  Really Need A Good Kick In The Ass.

I found  The Whole Thing Ben Smith (noted Media Shill)

Jul 9, 2022

Fox News host Tucker Carlson interviewed (remotely) by Semafor editor-in-chief Ben Smith. Live from Gallup Headquarters in Washington DC on Thursday, July 7, 2022. Sponsored by Knight Foundation.

• 2 weeks later...

The War Goes On.

May 22, 2023

Megyn Kelly is joined by Charlie Kirk, founder of Turning Point USA and host of The Charlie Kirk Show, to talk about the beginning of the end on Election Night 2020 and how Tucker helped stop the bleeding, Fox learning the true brand value of Tucker Carlson after his firing, how Fox News hasn't understood its audience for years, and more.

• Like 1

“Fox is like a cult, it’s like the mob …” Megyn Kelly spent more than a decade at Fox News and as a colleague of Tucker Carlson. In 2019, Megyn started her own media venture and brings a unique perspective to Tucker's exit from the cable media giant and what awaits him post-Rupert Murdoch. FULL EPISODE:   yt_favicon.png • Megyn Kelly Talks...