Election Night Tips and Media Options

Valin

1 minute ago, Valin said:

Sometimes (based on  what I  see from MNGOP) if some state parties a fine with being in the minority. Given what has been going on in the last 2 years, this election should Not be as close as I'm seeing it.

Beat me to it. Walking the dog and calling it ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Geee said:

Beat me to it. Walking the dog and calling it ;)

Getting close to bad time for me.  I NEED my beauty  sleep.

One term I've heard many times tonight Under Performing.

Ohio Democrat Emilia Sykes wins competitive House race

Democrat Emilia Sykes, a four-term state lawmaker, won the election for Ohio's 13th Congressional District, according to the Associated Press, defeating Republican Madison Gesiotto Gilbert. 

The 13th district was one of the most competitive House races in Ohio, leaning slightly in President Biden's favor during the 2020 election.

Here are the outstanding Senate races that could determine the balance of power

Here are the outstanding Senate races yet to be called by Fox News' Decision Desk that could determine the balance of power in Congress' upper house.

A party must reach 51 seats in order to secure a majority in the 100-seat body. A split of 50-50 will leave Democrats in control with Vice President Kamala Harris as the tie-breaking vote.

Wisconsin

Incumbent Republican Sen. Ron Johnson is hoping to fend off a challenge from Democratic Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes in a race where both sides have focused heavily on policing and crime.

Georgia

Republican Herschel Walker is looking to unseat incumbent Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock in one of the most highly-watched races of this election cycle. If no candidate obtains 50% of the vote, then the two candidates will head to a runoff election.

Nevada

Republican Adam Laxalt is hoping to flip this seat from Democratic Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto, who is seeking a second term. Polling has shown the race in a dead-heat, with Laxalt being slightly favored.

Arizona

Incumbent Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly is looking to fend off a challenge from Republican Blake Masters in a race that tightened in the final weeks leading up to Election Day. National security was major issue for both campaigns with both sides sharply criticizing the Biden administration over its handling of the border crisis.

Nebraska Republican Don Bacon holds on to US House seat, defeating State Senator Tony Vargas

Republican Rep. Don Bacon has won re-election for the U.S. House seat in Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District, defeating State Senator Tony Vargas, the Associated Press projects.

Bacon was first elected to Congress after unseating incumbent Rep. Brad Ashford in 2016 by just over 1%, defeating him by a margin of 48.9% to 47.7%.

Longtime GOP Rep. Steve Chabot defeated by Democrat Greg Landsman in Ohio House race

The Associated Press projects that longtime GOP Rep. Steve Chabot has been unseated by Democrat Greg Landsman, a battleground win for the Democrats in Ohio's 1st Congressional District. 

Chabot has represented Ohio's 1st District since 1995, despite a brief interlude in 2008 when he was unseated for a single term before reclaiming the House seat in 2010.

Rep. Frank Mrvan wins Indiana House race against GOP challenger

Jennifer-Ruth Green and Rep. Frank Mrvan (Fox News and Getty Images)

Incumbent Democratic Rep. Frank Mrvan has defeated his GOP challenger, Jennifer-Ruth Green, in the race to represent Indiana's 1st Congressional District in the House, The Associated Press projects.

Texas Republican Monica De La Cruz beats Democrat Michelle Vallejo in new district

Republican Monica De La Cruz narrowly beat her Democratic opponent Michelle Vallejo in the race for the newly-drawn 15th Congressional District in Texas, The Associated Press projects, marking a key win for the GOP in a race where border security was a top campaign issue.

Democrat Vicente Gonzalez beats Mayra Flores in hotly-contested Texas House race

The Associated Press projects that Rep. Mayra Flores, the first Mexico-born congresswoman, has been unseated by her Democratic opponent, Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, concluding a short tenure in the House that follows a high-profile special election victory in June. 

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK RACE CALL: Sen. Maggie Hassan survives GOP challenge in New Hampshire

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK RACE CALLS: Democrats win in Michigan, New York governors' races

Republican Jen Kiggans unseats Democrat Elaine Luria in Virginia congressional race

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem takes aim at Biden after landslide re-election win

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK RACE CALL: Utah Republican Sen. Mike Lee survives challenger

J.D. Vance defeats Tim Ryan in Ohio U.S. Senate race

Author and venture capitalist J.D. Vance won Ohio’s competitive U.S. Senate race on Tuesday, keeping the seat in Republican hands as the party tries to wrest control of Congress from Democrats.

The Associated Press called the race for Vance shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday as he led Democratic U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan by 8 percentage points, according to unofficial results.