Election Night Tips and Media Options

Valin

Florida's Miami-Dade County turns red for DeSantis: First GOP gov to win in two decades

Miami-Dade County in South Florida had a change of heart Tuesday and went red as voters supported Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis who is projected to be the first GOP governor to win the county in two decades. 

Ben fast talker Shapiro (I paraphrase) "Whatever Red Wave There is can be laid at the feet of the Democrats. Its not that the Republicans have done such a great job, it is that the Democrats have Screwed Everything Up Badly."

8 minutes ago, Geee said:

I'm mostly keeping an eye on the Senate races and so far I see no red wave there. Some of them are early results, so I'm hoping that changes, but if it does a lot of them are going to be close. Sigh

In the Senate it was expected to be Close, 51-52 seats one way or the other. That said its still early.

Ga

D Warnock 985,780 51.21%

R Walker 906,611 47.10%

Walker is (slowly) closing the gap.  I really cannot believe sane person could vote for Warnock. IMO he is a walk POS.

1 minute ago, Geee said:

JD Pritzker predicted to keep the governorship of  Illinois:angry:

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

Ill. a flat Cold Ca. or Iowa without the scenery.   I'm waiting for the Pensions  to come due. FUBAR

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK RACE CALLS: Gov. Pritzker wins second term

The Fox News Decision Desk says that Democratic Governor JB Pritzker will win a second term. He prevails over GOP challenger Darren Bailey.

Decision Desk also projects that Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth will defeat Republican attorney Kathy Salvi. Duckworth is an Iraq War veteran and Purple Heart recipient.

In Illinois, which sets no term-limits on the governor's seat, the two battled it out during several debates and Bailey pressed Pritzker on various critical midterm issues.

During the last debate of the cycle, Bailey blamed the Democrat incumbent for the rise of violent crime in the state, specifically in one of the country's crime hotspots, the city of Chicago.

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK UPDATES: Several governor's races too early to call

MICHIGAN: The Fox News Decision Desk says that in Michigan, Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has a slight lead..  but that race is too early to call.

WISCONSIN: In Wisconsin, the race between Governor Tony Evers and his opponent Tim Michels is too early to call. Just like in the Senate, this is another very tight race.

TEXAS: In Texas, our Decision Desk believes that Republican Governor Greg Abbott has a lead. That’s according to the Fox News Voter Analysis.

KANSAS: In Kansas, Republican challenger Derek Schmidt and Democratic Governor Laura Kelly are locked in a very tight race.

NEW MEXICO: In New Mexico, there’s not enough data to call the race. This is a showdown between Democratic incumbent Michelle Lujan Grisham and Republican candidate Mark Ronchetti

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK UPDATES: Arizona races too early to call

ARIZONA: We begin in the battleground state of Arizona, where the Fox News Decision Desk says Democratic Senator Mark Kelly and Republican venture capitalist Blake Masters are locked in a tight race.

In another high profile Arizona contest -- it is also too early to call the race between Democratic Secretary of State Katie Hobbs and Republican Kari Lake.

18 minutes ago, Geee said:

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK RACE CALLS: Gov. Pritzker wins second term

The Fox News Decision Desk says that Democratic Governor JB Pritzker will win a second term. He prevails over GOP challenger Darren Bailey.

Decision Desk also projects that Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth will defeat Republican attorney Kathy Salvi. Duckworth is an Iraq War veteran and Purple Heart recipient.

In Illinois, which sets no term-limits on the governor's seat, the two battled it out during several debates and Bailey pressed Pritzker on various critical midterm issues.

During the last debate of the cycle, Bailey blamed the Democrat incumbent for the rise of violent crime in the state, specifically in one of the country's crime hotspots, the city of Chicago.

I have to wonder how much money the Ill GOP put into this race?

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK RACE CALL: Gov. Abbott wins Texas race against Beto O'Rourke

The Fox News Decision Desk can project that Gov. Greg Abbott will remain in the Governor’s mansion for a third term. He defeats high-profile Democratic candidate Beto O’Rourke.

Just now, Valin said:

I have to wonder how much money he Ill GOP put into this race?

I don't know about that, but if they didn't he's a multi multi millionaire

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK RACE CALLS:

NEW HAMPSHIRE: In New Hampshire, the Fox News Decision Desk can project that Republican Governor Chris Sununu will win a fourth term

CONNECTICUT: Over to Connecticut, where Democratic incumbent Governor Ned Lamont will defeat GOP candidate Bob Stefanowski.

Also in Connecticut, Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal wins a third term, by defeating Republican businesswoman Leora Levy.

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK UPDATES: Arizona races too early to call

ARIZONA: We begin in the battleground state of Arizona, where the Fox News Decision Desk says Democratic Senator Mark Kelly and Republican venture capitalist Blake Masters are locked in a tight race.

Ga.

65.28% counted

Walker 1,534, 079 49.64%

Warnock 1,498,235 48.48%

Trying to understand 48.48% of Ga, Voters? WTH?

FOX NEWS DECISION DESK UPDATES: Too early to call Nevada, Utah Senate races

NEVADA

In the Nevada Senate race, the Fox News Decision Desk believes Democratic Senator Catherine Cortez Masto and Republican challenger Adam Laxalt are locked in a tight race, and it’s too early to call.

Cortez Masto is a former two-term state attorney general who made history in 2016 as the first Latina elected to the Senate, as she succeeded longtime Democratic Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada, who served eight years as Senate Majority Leader.

Laxalt, who succeeded Cortez Masto as state attorney general, is an Iraq War veteran, grandson of the late Nevada governor and senator Paul Laxalt, and the 2018 GOP gubernatorial nominee who narrowly lost to now-Gov. Steve Sisolak.

And in the Nevada Governor’s race, the Decision Desk says it’s too early to call this very close race between Democratic Governor Steve Sisolak and Republican Sheriff Joe Lombardo.

UTAH

We also believe Republican Senator  Mike Lee has a solid lead as he seeks a third term, but it’s too early to say whether he will defeat independent challenger Evan McMullin.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

I don't know about that, but if they didn't he's a multi multi millionaire

Sometimes (based on  what I  see from MNGOP) if some state parties a fine with being in the minority. Given what has been going on in the last 2 years, this election should Not be as close as I'm seeing it.

• Like 1

Well, pretty discouraged so far. Hoping things look better in the morning. Many races too close to call and we know that means trouble.

Mn AG race

Live results last updated: 9:18 p.m.

Republican

Jim Schultz
34.09%

Democratic-Farmer-Labor
Keith Ellison
65.79%