Trump Engages in Friendly Fire, Goes After Ron DeSantis at Rally

Valin

Trump goes nuclear on 'average' Gov. DeSantis in fiery screed

Former President Donald Trump unleashed a fiery screed Thursday evening critical of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), who triumphed in his reelection campaign this week and is increasingly seen as a strong candidate to challenge Trump for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

In a statement sent by Trump's Save America PAC to his supporters, the former president belittled DeSantis as an "average" Republican governor with "great Public Relations." Trump took credit for DeSantis's 2018 victory that earned him his first term as governor, criticized DeSantis's response to COVID-19, and revived the nickname "Ron DeSanctimonious" in what appears the most extreme escalation between the two Florida Republicans to date.:snip:

11 minutes ago, Geee said:

Thing is it is way Way WAY to early in the Primary for this. Also Something that worked in 2015/16  may not in 2022/23.

Over at TOS. Flame War (I know, we're all petty shocked! :rolleyes:) over this.

• Shocked 1

Twitter erupts over CBS's 'The Good Fight' finale which has character accuse DeSantis of being sex offender'

The series finale of Paramount+ "The Good Fight" left social media users stunned on Thursday for featuring a plot in which a character claimed to be sexually assaulted by Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, only to confess he was lying later on in the show.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Twitter erupts over CBS's 'The Good Fight' finale which has character accuse DeSantis of being sex offender'

The series finale of Paramount+ "The Good Fight" left social media users stunned on Thursday for featuring a plot in which a character claimed to be sexually assaulted by Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, only to confess he was lying later on in the show.

Insane.

36 minutes ago, Geee said:

They have gone pretty low, but I think this is a new low.

They will go lower before this is over...I'm afrraid.

Youngkin, like DeSantis, faces Trump's fury

:snip:“Young Kin (now that’s an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn’t it?) in Virginia couldn’t have won without me,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social, his proprietary social media network. It is not clear why he falsely insinuated that Youngkin was of Chinese ancestry (the origins of the governor’s name are Germanic), but Trump has a record of rhetoric against China and Chinese people

1*muDTlojr5D7uiccK7PvUBw-3944309234.jpeg

Breitbart

Frank Luntz to Trump: ‘Take a Very Long Vacation’

Top  Comment

Luntz is a petty liberal degenerate with the brains of a spider. He's just one more sick person try to get people to do as they say, unbelievable.

Never Trumper (all 37 of them) *don't bother me....Ever Trumper OTOH Do.

* I don't understand them

19 minutes ago, Geee said:

When you have lost Winsome Sears...

David Strom

November 12, 2022

Winsome Sears is a superstar, and a key supporter of Trump when he needed her.

Currently the Lt. Governor of Virginia under Glenn Youngkin, she rose to great prominence during her campaign as a true MAGA voice and a leader of black women who supported Trump. She was a true believer and exceptional spokesman for the former president, and also now a critic.

She is not abandoning Trump over his criticism of Youngkin. In fact, she wasn’t defending the governor at all, as Trump’s attack on the Virginia governor came after, not before, Sears revealed that she was moving on from Trump. Her motivation was Trump’s failure to galvanize support for candidates during the election.

(Snip)

Trump deserves respect for his accomplishments and is owed the thanks of all of us for what he did right. But he doesn’t deserve loyalty from us that he does not return either to his allies or the cause we all serve.

If DeSantis–my choice as a candidate–becomes a losing general then I will look for yet another leader to carry on the cause. The conservative cause is far larger than one man, and deserves more loyalty than a single person can ask for.

Lara Trump warns DeSantis not to run for president in 2024

The daughter-in-law of former President Donald Trump urged Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to postpone his presidential dreams until 2028, warning that a 2024 run would fracture the “MAGA movement.”

“I think that Ron DeSantis is very smart,” Lara Trump told Sky News host Erin Molan. “There will be a lot of opportunity for him in the future … to run for president.”

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Lara Trump warns DeSantis not to run for president in 2024

“I think that Ron DeSantis is very smart,” Lara Trump told Sky News host Erin Molan. “There will be a lot of opportunity for him in the future … to run for president.”

As in many things Timing Is Everything. Political history  is rife with examples of  people who should have run, but waited, and lost (Think Chris Christie in 2012). 2024 May Be Ron DeSantis's moment.

BTW just what IS The“MAGA movement.”?

2 hours ago, Valin said:

BTW just what IS The“MAGA movement.”?

2 minutes ago, Geee said:

Something the MSM dreamed up 

Is it Just one person (Donald Trump, and I think in his mind it is), or  is it a broad set of Ideas, attitudes, that can be carried forward by others?  ie is it a Big Tent or a Small Tent? I  believe for many Ever Trumpers its the latter.

2 minutes ago, Valin said:

Is it Just one person (Donald Trump, and I think in his mind it is), or  is it a broad set of Ideas, attitudes, that can be carried forward by others?  ie is it a Big Tent or a Small Tent? I  believe for many Ever Trumpers its the latter.

I am grateful for the things that Trump accomplished when he was in office and I really think that crimes were committed against his administration that seem like no one will ever really answer for. He has every right to be p'd. That said - we are trying to win elections . Right or wrong Trump has way to much baggage to win Independents and carry over Dems which candidates for President need. Just Ever Trumpers alone are not going to do it. He is an intensely ego-driven person and I don't think he at all has 'the good of the party' or 'the good of the country'  in his mind at all. IMHO if we can't put forward a candidate in the primaries that can defeat him (without him out & out destroying the other candidates personally) , we shall end up having a Democrat President again. Since they don't have anyone who is worth a damn anymore, whoever it will be (Joe or whomever) will be an additional disaster to this country.

33 minutes ago, Geee said:

I am grateful for the things that Trump accomplished when he was in office and I really think that crimes were committed against his administration that seem like no one will ever really answer for. He has every right to be p'd. That said - we are trying to win elections . Right or wrong Trump has way to much baggage to win Independents and carry over Dems which candidates for President need. Just Ever Trumpers alone are not going to do it. He is an intensely ego-driven person and I don't think he at all has 'the good of the party' or 'the good of the country'  in his mind at all. IMHO if we can't put forward a candidate in the primaries that can defeat him (without him out & out destroying the other candidates personally) , we shall end up having a Democrat President again. Since they don't have anyone who is worth a damn anymore, whoever it will be (Joe or whomever) will be an additional disaster to this country.

So In Other Words you are an Unamerican  RINO! :rolleyes:because that is what the  Ever Trumpers will say.

You see when he says or does something (well) stupid he's  just playing 4/5/6D Chess and we just don't see how brilliant he is. 

What I see here (on this Topic) is Donald Trump sucking all the oxygen out of the room and making the conversation All About Him. 

All Politicians have big egos (you have to in order to think you are the best person for the job), and the higher the office the Bigger The Ego.  Trump does not Try (maybe he can't) to hide/hold back his ego. This is a real down side for a lot of people.

• Like 1

Ron DeSantis finally responds to attacks from Trump, media: 'Check out the scoreboard'

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis responded to attacks from former President Donald Trump and the media on Tuesday.

Trump made a flurry of attacks against DeSantis in the days surrounding Election Day, calling him "Ron DeSanctimonious" and claiming to be responsible for his success in Florida. DeSantis, Trump's most credible rival for a presidential run in 2024, remained silent on the issue until responding to questions on the topic at a Tuesday press conference.

"One of the things I've learned in this job is when you're leading, when you're getting things done, you take incoming fire. That's just the nature of it," DeSantis said in response to a question about Trump. "I roll out of bed in the morning and I have corporate media outlets that have a spasm just because I'm getting up in the morning, and it's just constantly attacking."

"I think what you learn is all of that is just noise, and really what matters is are you leading, are you getting in front of issues, are you delivering results for people, and are you standing up for folks," he continued. "At the end of the day I would just tell people to go check out the scoreboard from last Tuesday night.":snip: