Critics: Illinois Democrats' plan to force retailers to post 'tax relief' details is unconstitutional, election year propaganda

Geee

article_cf59364e-b810-11ec-b27a-fb3b2840a9f7.html
The Center Square

(The Center Square) – Budget bills introduced by Illinois Democrats in the waning hours of session and that were passed early Saturday will require private-sector retailers to notify consumers of temporary "tax relief" measures included in them. Critics say the requirements are an unconstitutional violation of free speech rights and forced campaign propaganda during an election year.

The budget will require gas stations to post stickers on pumps noting that an inflationary gas tax increase of about 2.2 cents a gallon that's scheduled to go into effect July 1 has been suspended  for six months. Retailers that refuse will face a $500 daily fine. Election Day, when Gov. J.B. Pritzker and all state legislative seats are on the ballot, is Nov. 8. Retailers that refuse to post the stickers through Election Day face fines of more than $65,500.:snip:

19 minutes ago, Geee said:
article_cf59364e-b810-11ec-b27a-fb3b2840a9f7.html
The Center Square

(The Center Square) – Budget bills introduced by Illinois Democrats in the waning hours of session and that were passed early Saturday will require private-sector retailers to notify consumers of temporary "tax relief" measures included in them.

My My My, aren't we just full of ourselves!

Oh I'd post it. Then right next to it I'd post something along the lines of 'The State Government is Forcing us to Post this. I no way does posting this imply we support this law, or the Democrats who passed it.'