Ted Cruz, Ron Johnson meet the Trucker Cobvoy (Short Clips)

Valin

Ted Cruz rides shotgun in 'People’s Convoy' for fourth day of protests

Cami Mondeaux, Web Producer

March 10, 2022

Sen. Ted Cruz often steers policies favorable to truckers, but this time, he's hoping to "convoy" his support from the passenger's seat.

Cruz met with organizers of the "People’s Convoy" at Maryland's Hagerstown Speedway on Thursday, riding shotgun as he joined the caravan for its fourth day of riding around the Beltway.

"Thank you to every trucker who is standing up for freedom for every man, woman, and child in America!" Cruz said in a tweet Thursday.

(Snip)

Mar. 10 2022

While I approve of Ted Doing this :thumbup:. That said (and call me cynical if you will), a question: Do you think this might have something to do with the GOP 2024 Primary?

1 hour ago, Valin said:

While I approve of Ted Doing this

I also approve - and yes it probably does. You can count on one hand the politicians who do things just because its the right things to do anymore. Mr Smith no longer goes to Washington.

I must say however, Ron Johnson is facing a tough election fight because of some of the stances he has taken this term. I really hope he makes it, because the guy who is running against him is more liberal than liberal - and because of that the out of state bucks are pouring in.

37 minutes ago, Geee said:

I also approve - and yes it probably does. You can count on one hand the politicians who do things just because its the right things to do anymore. Mr Smith no longer goes to Washington.

I must say however, Ron Johnson is facing a tough election fight because of some of the stances he has taken this term. I really hope he makes it, because the guy who is running against him is more liberal than liberal - and because of that the out of state bucks are pouring in.

Ron Johnson, tough primary or general election?

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Ron Johnson, tough primary or general election?

General election.

Sen. Ron Johnson To Unveil Endorsement From Former Ambassador Nikki Haley

:snip:Democrats expect to spend more than $100 million in their bid to knock off Johnson, who won both of his previous elections by fewer than five points. He is the only Republican senator up for reelection in a state won by President Joe Biden in 2020. National Republican Senatorial Committee chairman Rick Scott described Wisconsin as “the hardest state” for Senate Republicans to hold in 2022.:snip:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Geee said:

General election.

Sen. Ron Johnson To Unveil Endorsement From Former Ambassador Nikki Haley

:snip:Democrats expect to spend more than $100 million in their bid to knock off Johnson, who won both of his previous elections by fewer than five points. He is the only Republican senator up for reelection in a state won by President Joe Biden in 2020. National Republican Senatorial Committee chairman Rick Scott described Wisconsin as “the hardest state” for Senate Republicans to hold in 2022.:snip:

Wisconsin lawsuit accuses 3 GOP congressmen of insurrection

SCOTT BAUER

March 10, 2022

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin liberals on Thursday filed a federal lawsuit alleging that Republican Sen. Ron Johnson and two other GOP congressmen are insurrectionists in violation of the U.S. Constitution for their words and actions in support of Donald Trump leading up to the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

The lawsuit, alleging a violation of the “Disqualification Clause” of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, says Johnson and U.S. Reps. Tom Tiffany and Scott Fitzgerald conspired to undermine President Joe Biden's victory and sow public distrust of the outcome.

(Snip)

Tiffany and Fitzgerald were among 121 House Republicans who voted to object to counting Biden’s presidential electors from Arizona on Jan. 6, 2021. Tiffany and Fitzgerald also were among 138 Republicans who voted to object to Biden’s Pennsylvania electors.

Johnson was one of eight U.S. senators who signed an objection to counting Arizona’s electors, but he ultimately voted to accept them after the riot on the Capitol.

The lawsuit accuses the three Republicans of being part of a conspiracy theory and “spreading their malicious falsehoods about a ‘rigged election’ through regular and social media and at public appearances.” It also notes Fitzgerald’s role in reserving a room at the Wisconsin state Capitol for fake Republican electors to meet on Dec. 14, 2020, and cast their ballots for Trump, even though Biden had won the state and his electors were meeting that same day elsewhere in the building.

(Snip)

H/T DU