CBC uses stolen Freedom Convoy donor list to contact donors, asking why they donated

Valin

cbc-uses-stolen-freedom-convoy-donor-list-to-contact-donors
Reclaim The Net

Journalists are using hacked emails to contact donors.

Ken Macon

Feb. 16 2022

On February 13, crowdfunding platform GiveSendGo, which was being used to fundraise for the Freedom Convoy protests, was hacked. The personal information of more than 90,000 people who donated to the Freedom Convoy 2022 campaign was stolen.

Now, the Canadian government-funded media company CBC is using the stolen data, contacting those whose data was exposed, for a story.

CBC likely got a copy of the data from the leaked files hosting service Distributed Denial of Secrets or downloaded it at the time of the attack. The original link to the hacked data, posted on GiveSendGo.wtf, is no longer available.

CBC told donors that it was working on a story about the people who contributed funds.

(Snip)

reclaim-2022-02-16-at-17.13.21.jpg

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________________

More Here At Power Line

However, leftists have evidently hacked into GiveSendGo and have published personal information about those who have supported the truckers–i.e., those who represent the majority. A friend of mine was among the donors, and received this communication from a reporter for the Canadian Broadcasting Company:

Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 11:22 AM
To: ________
Subject: CBC News Query – Freedom Convoy Donation@cbc.ca>

Hi _________,

My name is Joseph Loiero, I’m a journalist with CBC News (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) based in Washington, D.C.

I’m emailing hoping you have some time to chat about a donation made to the Freedom Convoy in Canada in your name.

I don’t want to take up too much of your time, but let me know if you have a few minutes to connect today. You can reach me at this email address or on my cell at 202-841-0030. Or if you like, let me know if there’s a number I can reach you and and I can give you a ring.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Joseph