Nancy Pelosi's all-day marathon speech sets record as longest continuous speech since at least 1909

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's all-day speech broke a record for longest-continuous speech in House history. 

The California Democrat spoke for more than 8 hours before yielding the floor. It was the longest continuous speech since at least 1909. 

And she did it all while wearing 4-inch high-heels. 

Pelosi got the news of her new record while continuing to tell stories of DREAMers, undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States when they children. Her all-day remarks are aimed at protesting a budget deal that doesn't include protections for the group. 

While laughing, Pelosi announced that she'd broken a record and said she wondered what the last record-breaking speech was about. A round of applause broke out from her colleagues. 

________

How many of them needed therapy afterwards?

"Nancy Pelosi's all-day marathon speech sets record as longest continuous speech since at least 1909"

Didn't she make that one in 1909 too??:P

• Like 1

I am amazed she could do it.  After watching selected short videos posted on Drudge of her mixed up comments, slurred words, forgetting words and peoples names I would never have dreamed she could achieve such a feat.  Good for her, no matter the purpose.  Just standing in one place for that long at her age is surprising.

1 hour ago, nickydog said:

I am amazed she could do it.  After watching selected short videos posted on Drudge of her mixed up comments, slurred words, forgetting words and peoples names I would never have dreamed she could achieve such a feat.  Good for her, no matter the purpose.  Just standing in one place for that long at her age is surprising.

I could never do it, just because I couldn't stay away from the bathroom that long !!!!

12 hours ago, Geee said:

I could never do it, just because I couldn't stay away from the bathroom that long !!!!

I would definitely have to have something to eat since I have a blood sugar issue.  And then I would want coffee.  And then water.  And then....  well, you know.

Edited by nickydog
additional comment
  • Like 1

Scalise: Where Is Pelosi's New DACA Push Coming From?

Where was this urgency when she was Speaker of the House? Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) wondered.

“If Minority Leader Pelosi was that serious about it, she would’ve handled this more directly when she was speaker of the House,” Scalise told reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday.
The Democrats never brought a bill to the floor before losing the majority, he added.:snip: