WikiLeaks Drop Shows U.S. Striving to Maintain Order in Chaotic Global Relations

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
wikileak-drop-shows-fighting-increasingly-chaotic-global-relations
Fox News:

Some of the diplomatic papers stolen from the State Department and leaked Sunday by WikiLeaks show more than just potentially embarrassing revelations about U.S. views of allies but disturbing developments among alleged friends as well as foes and competitive states.

The details from the cables being released -- among 250,000 illegally taken from secret State Department records -- include discussions on the U.S. being unable to stop Syrian arms to Hezbollah, its disappointment in Qatar to stop funding terrorism and hacking by the Chinese government of U.S. computers.

Other communiqués passed forward by the website to several newspapers also reveal U.S. talk about individual leaders like Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who the Guardian reported was noted to be "accompanied everywhere by a 'voluptuous blonde' Ukrainian nurse."

The Guardian also cites cables that call Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin an "alpha-dog," says Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai is "driven by paranoia" and describes German Chancellor Angela Merkel as one who "avoids risk and is rarely creative."

The cables also suggest that the U.S. had sought to use its embassies in the global espionage network. The material, which includes information written as recently as February, shows secretaries of state Hillary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice telling officials to collect personal details of political leaders like iris scans, fingerprints, DNA samples as well as to get information on military installations, weapons markings and vehicle descriptions.

Samples of some of the thousands of documents that were to be released by WikiLeaks Sunday night began leaking out midday after the German newspaper Der Spiegel and The New York Times released excerpts earlier than planned.

The WikiLeaks website tweeted out a copy of an article that appeared on the Gawker website taken from Der Spiegel, which posted copies of its newspaper ahead of time. Moments later The New York Times released some of the details of documents it had acquired. The Guardian U.K. followed suit. Spanish and French newspapers also had access to the documents.

The massive dump began after WikiLeaks announced that it had been the victim of a "denial of service" attack but that it was still releasing documents via its international newspaper partners.
________

The leaks just keep on coming...

WikiLeaks Drop Shows U.S. Striving to Maintain Order in Chaotic Global Relations

One would hope so.

LOL. I was thinking the exact same thing. Talk about trying to polish a turd.

Rokke!

Talk about trying to polish a turd.

Speaking of one... and I don't mean Trainee Under Rigid Discipline!

Is it just me?

Or is there something about his face that just screams, "Slap the crap out of Julian"?

Flickr_JulianAssange-klein.jpg540px-Julian_Assange_26C3.jpgjulian-assange.jpg

NCTexan

When they hang him I hope they make him carry his man purse to the gallows.

Pepper!

Once again the Great Rushbaugh channels Pepper and NCT.

He started his program today by commenting on the creepiness of Julian's looks.

And once again, he was out of internet access for four days, too!

NCTexan

When they hang him I hope they make him carry his man purse to the gallows.

Pepper!

Once again the Great Rushbaugh channels Pepper and NCT.

He started his program today by commenting on the creepiness of Julian's looks.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Justice Department will prosecute anyone found to have violated U.S. law in the leaks of classified government documents by online whistleblower WikiLeaks, Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday.

"This is not saber-rattling," said the attorney general, who declared that the Obama administration condemns the leaks.

Holder said the latest disclosure, involving classified State Department documents, puts at risk the security of the nation, its diplomats, intelligence assets and U.S. relationships with foreign governments.

"To the extent that we can find anybody who was involved in the breaking of American law, who put at risk the assets and the people I have described, they will be held responsible; they will be held accountable," Holder said at a news conference on another topic. He called the WikiLeaks probe "an active, ongoing criminal investigation."

24427597_0cba60d473_o.jpg

No kidding it's not "saber rattling".... It's not even breaking wind in the bath tub!

I'll bet wiki-leakers and terrorists the world over are trembling in fear now.

There's nothing worse than a "strong condemnation" from the Obama administration... with the possible exception of a UN "condemnation"... but it would still be a coin toss!

Does anyone know how or who is financing this turd?

George Soros...

... Oh, maybe you were talking about Julian Assange?

In that case, I don't know. :lmfao:

NCTexan

Eric_Holder_AP_Photo_Rich_Pedroncelli.jpg

I can't tell you how relieved I am to know Eric Holder is...ON THE JOB!

He's even as I speak ready to spring into action. Much like a cheetah stalking it's prey across the savannas of Africa!

NCTexan

Eric_Holder_AP_Photo_Rich_Pedroncelli.jpg

I can't tell you how relieved I am to know Eric Holder is...ON THE JOB!

He's even as I speak ready to spring into action. Much like a cheetah stalking it's prey across the savannas of Africa!

AP: Holder to lobby FIFA on behalf of US WCup bid

11/29/10

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will join former President Bill Clinton and Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman on Wednesday at the final presentation to FIFA's executive committee of the U.S. bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

Holder also will meet with executive committee members, who will vote the following day.

(snip)

WOW! What a Renaissance man!

This is a completely shallow comment...but to me Eric Holder looks like an actor from a bad sitcom.

:unsure: Oh wait. Maybe he is.

This is a completely shallow comment...but to me Eric Holder looks like an actor from a bad sitcom.

You could say that about this whole administration, without a lot of disagreement from me.

It makes me yearn for the Clinton administration....well maybe not,...but

You could say that about this whole administration, without a lot of disagreement from me.

Honestly, I kind of do. Even their scandals were more interesting, with much less drastic consequences.

Honestly, I kind of do. Even their scandals were more interesting, with much less drastic consequences.

We had just won the Cold War, so America decided to go on vacation.